Women Owned Business Funding through Invoice Financing
Invoice Factoring for Women-Owned Companies
- Women Owned Business Funding through Invoice Financing
- Invoice Factoring for Women-Owned Companies
- Women-Owned Business Funding
- Women in Business: A Growing Population
- Factoring for Women-Owned Businesses
- Why do female entrepreneurs need access to capital?
- Access to Capital for Female Entrepreneurs and Women in Business
- How to become a certified Women-Owned Company?
- WOSB Factoring Services
- Bankers Factoring WBE and WOSB Factoring Services
Women-Owned Business Funding
Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) is a company owned, operated, and controlled by at least 51% of one or more females. Female entrepreneurs require the same access to working capital as other businesses. However, cash flow struggles derail organizations and send them on the fast track to shut down. In addition, 50% of female-owned companies fail within five years. If you sell on terms, learn how to avoid failure with non-recourse invoice factoring.
Most WBE need to be aware of funding sources other than bank loans, traditional lines of credit, or giving up equity to finance operations. Factor companies, or invoices factoring, is a simple financial tool that lets businesses sell unpaid invoices for immediate working capital. Underserved businesses, such as women-owned companies, need access to commercial financing.
Keep reading our article How to Finance Your Business Without Giving Up Equity.
Bankers Factoring is proud to be one of the leading factoring providers in the United States. We have provided factoring finance for women-owned businesses for over 30 years. We continue to serve this growing population of female entrepreneurs and business owners today. Our clients range from startups looking to grow their businesses to established small companies seeking additional capital for payroll and inventory purposes.
Women in Business: A Growing Population
- Women are starting businesses at a faster rate than men.
- Women are likelier to start businesses in fields that men, such as the technology and engineering sectors, have traditionally dominated. They are also more likely to take over family businesses or start new ones from scratch.
- Women are a huge untapped market for small business factoring financing. While women only account for roughly 30% of small business owners, they start businesses faster than men.
- Because there are expectations of women playing the role of primary caretaker when it comes time for children or aging parents, they may need help running their growing or established businesses while taking on these responsibilities at home—that is where factoring can come into play.
Factoring for Women-Owned Businesses
Women-owned businesses multiply daily with limited fast, flexible, and reliable funding options. Factoring for WBE allows you to get cash advances by selling your invoices to the best factoring company. The process of factoring is straightforward:
- Render goods or services to your customers
- Complete an online encrypted funding application
- Sell your unpaid invoices upon approval.
- Receive an initial cash advance of up to 93% within five days of your application
- Receive a final cash advance (discount or rebate) once your customer pays the invoices in full
WBE factoring helps inject cash into your business for payroll funding, overhead expenses, and other operation costs. Bankers Factoring provides a fast funding process, unlike conventional financial institutions. The costs of invoice factoring start from .9% to 1.6% per 30 days, whereas variable interest rate loans or lines of credit can be significantly higher.
Relate article: Business Financing for Minority-Owned Companies
Why do female entrepreneurs need access to capital?
- In 2021, 49% of startups were female-owned companies.
- Only 27% of women startups receive funding.
- 73% of female entrepreneurs have experienced struggles securing funding.
- US-based WBE generates nearly $2 trillion in annual revenue.
Access to Capital for Female Entrepreneurs and Women in Business
The world of business is still overwhelmingly male-dominated. Women-owned companies are consistently underrepresented in traditional capital markets, meaning they need help getting the financial support they need.
However, there is good news: women entrepreneurs and female business owners can be more successful than their male counterparts. Access to capital is critical for any business.
According to Forbes, 40% of women are the primary breadwinner in their households. Female-led startups have access to unlimited working capital with invoice funding services at Bankers Factoring.
Related article: Factor Financing for Minority-Owned Companies
How to become a certified Women-Owned Company?
There are two main distinctions in women-owned companies: Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) and Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB).
The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) administers the WBE certification.WBENC is a private third party that certifies women-owned businesses on behalf of U.S. corporations, or WBE certification through city, county, or state programs.
WOSB certification, on the other hand, is administered through the Small Business Administration (SBA). It is a program to protect specific federal government contracts for female-owned companies. Contracts through WOSB and SBA are considered “set aside” and reserved for registered WOSB.
Also read, how does a factoring company work?
WOSB Factoring Services
Government Factoring is an exclusive funding program for active WOSB that must access working capital immediately. WOSB contracts are very lucrative for your business but require extended payment terms. Sometimes you may wait up 90 days to receive payment on open invoices.
Bankers Factoring and our government factoring program help underserved businesses acquire more contracts, make payments on time, and grow their WBE. Read our Government Contract Factoring Guide to learn more.
WBE and WOSB factoring is an effective and flexible funding source for women-owned businesses. We have provided business factoring finance for women-owned businesses for over 30 years, enabling them to scale up their operations, create more jobs, and carry out their business mission.
Bankers Factoring WBE and WOSB Factoring Services
Stop the cash flow struggles and financial stress with Bankers Factoring VOSB, WBE, and WOSB Factoring services. We remove the burden of funding your business by buying unpaid invoices and cash-advancing funds without you taking on debt or giving up equity in your company.
We understand how important it is for women entrepreneurs to find ways to access capital and grow their businesses. If you are looking for women-owned business funding or small business financing, please get in touch with us today.